Thursday, August 21, 2008

Disappointed

Today has been a weird sort of day.All day I have been feeling queasy and uneasy and attributed it to a 10 am drinking of Diet Coke. Still things have been going bad the whole day - had a day full of meetings, my mom whose trip I have been awaiting since July said she cannot come because she has work things in India. Then I am interviewing for another position in my company and oddly they make you go through the pre-screening and interview routine again. The said HR screener, kept saying you are not qualified why dont you look at these here positions when hello, I am performing the same job currently in another project on the same client. Odd Odd, anyways hopefully she will get back to me tomorrow with some good news. The funniest thing is that one of the executives on the project asked me to apply for the position, else I had not even heard about said position.

Finally, I know its been a bad year and all, but still I just found out they didnt give me any raise despite a good rating, just a piddly bonus. Quite depressing but hey should be glad I have a job huh..Its the first time that I am in a position of earning more than my husband because of a career change he has made. Its odd- earlier I used to work because I wanted to, but sometimes the stress gets to me, and I want to take some time off, but now will it be possible without lifestyle changes?

Totally unrelated and very cute, A is now doing something very funny, this evening when we returned home I kind of sat in the car while he played with the controls, and then suddenly touched my face and said 'You Ok, Mama' - it was so cute and so touching. This is what makes motherhood worthwhile I guess after such a day.

No comments: